***It’s five minutes of your time and a brain dump. Want to try it? Here are the rules…
- Set a timer and write for 5 minutes only.
- Write an intro to the post if you want but don’t edit the post. No proofreading or spellchecking. This is writing in the raw.
- Publish it somewhere. Anywhere. The back door to your blog if you want. But make it accessible.
- Add the Stream of Consciousness Sunday badge to your post.
- Link up your post.
- Visit your fellow bloggers and show some love.
I've been toying with the idea of trying NaNo this year. I've tried int he past and failed misrerably. Mainly because I either run out of steam or get behind in my daily writing goals. Not sure why this year will be different but I am feeling the need to get back to my creative writing. I have characters that need to speak and get out of my head. I have places that I want to describe and take these characters to. I have emotions that they need to go through.
There is the chance, actually a really good chance that I won't finish what I start. But I think that's okay. I just want to write. Writing on this blog is fun but it's not the writing that I crave to do. I think that's why I've never taken this very seriously or had long term goals for it.
I have a book in me and even if it never sees the light of day, I want to be able to say I wrote one. In it's entirety. Okay, that's a lie. I'd love to say I published one but I'd be half satisfied to say I completed one and it's sitting on my harddrive waiting to be submited. For goodness sake S. Meyer says Twilight came to her in a dang dream...and look how she's laughing all the way to the bank. I apologize to those that love the series but the writing is mediocre, at best.
So NaNoWriMo...here I come.
Want to join the Sunday fun? Click below: